Saturday, October 8, 2011

Steve Jobs Dead at 56

From Reuters, (( Steve Jobs, who transformed the worlds of personal computing, music and mobile phones, died on Wednesday at the age of 56 after a years-long battle with pancreatic cancer. ))
This comes at a total shock to me.  While I knew he was sick, before retiring, but I didn’t think it was that bad. 
While I am not an Apple guy, I have to give Jobs credit for retaking his company and completely reinventing it.  Jobs had the iMac and the Power Mac look completely different from the PC market and design, thus giving the Apple brand a different vibe and customer base.  Out of that brand, another group of products were born via the iPod, iPhone, and iPad. 
Jobs also bought Pixar from George Lucas.  From there, he helped turned the company from a FX branch to a movie studio that still makes millions today and has reshaped Disney.  Jobs’ influence has changed the creative way Disney runs its company. 
Anyway, Steve Jobs will be missed. 




3 comments:

  1. he was a leader and a visionary that changed our world for the better. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. So he saved Pixar from Lucas? I guess that's a plus in my books I mean, look at what happened to the Star Wars franchise.

    I can only imagine what could have happened to Pixar if it had stayed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i didnt know this, but yea Steve changed and revolutionized our world

    ReplyDelete